My Page

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Semester January 2011 - Worthwhile =)

I've always have something in mind and always written it in the new post yet it nvr get posted here. After half way through writing, it's either I got distracted to do something else which I tend to or I don't feel like posting it anymore. So there it goes into the draft bin.. So, I'm making sure I make this quick and make it goes into the post bin haha

I guess this is like my first post of the year 2011. lol And it's my study week now that I got the time to sit down and write this. A brief recap on what I did throughout these few months since the starting of this new sem. I went for Outward Bound School Programme and graduated proudly as a ex-bounder *grins* It was indeed a memorable moments with all my batchmates :) I can now agree to the statement: "University life is fun. Enjoy it to the max!" Of cos apart from the responsibility to study, I still get to do a lot of things that I'll nvr regret after I graduate.


OBS - We sail, we camp, we conquer it all xD Miss those moments already..

And then, the new sem starts, we were all surprised by the news of going internship in June @.@ which was supposingly in September. Yes, I was a bit panick at first because I'm so mentally not prepared. So, all of us went in search for our internship placement. I did not even know where to start or what to start? In the midst of it, I've a few events to handle and yeah..thats bcos I thot my internship is in Sep. screw it. So, I've got to do my resume, search for companies, plan for events, go for meetings, church, devotions and finally study a bit for test (seriously a bit only) and there goes my whole semester.

Come to think of it, after all.. it's all worth while. You know the saying that goes,
"Nothing that's worthwhile is ever easy. -Nicholas Sparks."

Like I said, I'm quite caught up with events this semester. Honestly, I think only UTP-ians have such eventful life in uni lol. But this has got to be my last time to handle events. I'm telling myself I'll just join an event as audience the next time I come back UTP. haha Oh, the point is.. I really want to thank God that even in the midst of this hecticness, He had his plans ready for me. I couldn't thank Him enough for giving me all the good opportunities for internship. In the beginning, it was sort of crazy.. going down KL for interviews 2,3 interviews in 2 days at the same time doing event job. Coming back UTP continue working on events and so on.. What a life you may think I'm having aite..? haha

At first, I was afraid what if..
  • I don't get a good company and so there goes my working experience.
  • I don't get to do what I wanted and then I'll have to suck it all up to work everyday
  • I'm ended up with Petronas in KLCC? (honestly, I don't want to be there for internship la hehe)
  • I don't get a placement in time cos I'm so busy with stuff
  • I got no choice but to do HR job?
  • I don't get paid well for what I'm doing (sorry to say, as much as you may want to tell me internship is to learn and we shouldn't take salary into consideration but seriously how can we not look at the money when we need to survive in KL?)
  • what if...
  • what if..
And now, I am really grateful that I've been offered one after another placements that are all golden opportunities. Just when I'm finally going to settle down with PWC (an audit firm in 1Sentral), a company which I'm so looking forward to join, God gave me another option which is to do my internship in Austria. yes, wow!

At first, it didn't really sink in because I'm doubted by the Student Internship Unit who previously took off my chance to go for Student Exchange in the US. haha Plus, this news came after they've actually selected the candidates for overseas internship a week before. So, it's kind of hard to believe that I'm joining them. And I thought it was ok because I didn't really want to do a research job.

But again, thank God, that research job scope is quite interesting and I was told I'm going to do programming task over there. It's actually involves Railway System. So, that at least sounds better than researching some business stuff or what not. Oh well, it's an engineering uni, so hopefully I'm not petrified by the Austrian standard, you know.. Malaysian standard lar. haha I think I'll feel like I have a tiny ant brain when I'm there. lol But I'm all excited for the Europe travel plans hehe

Getting such opportunities are rare and for that, I'm gonna make it all worthwhile and never regret for it. gee... *excited* xD

--------------------

Some other eventful life throughout the semester :)

Batch Reunion Dinner!! 12 February

All the lovely ladies :)

One big family of BITS xD


Hat Yai Mid-sem plans!! 10 March

One of the Gua where we sit sampan to go in. =)

At Ice Dome

Hot Spring


Children Provision Charity 2011!! 22 April

A charity event which I never regret joining from the start :)

because this is when you feel younger again haha


Water Baptism at Lata Kinjang!! 24 April

Waterfall with churchmates.

Wish granted: to go Lata Kinjang which I haven't been to. hehe

---------

To sum it all up..


All the best for all who are sitting for finals next week. =)


3 comments:

Maxor Gan said...

Finally you get your blog updated. lol. For more than a semester. xD

Mellissa Lee said...

hey, it's still less than a semester ok.. =b

I'll blog more when i'm interning.. hopefully haha

yenpinng said...

yes you can certainly blog more during intern! Wonderful to see that your life has been so colourful! Continue to run after God during internship k, it's a whole new chapter of life! Excited for your life in Austria too ^v^