My Page

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ace your Android.

Lately or maybe long time ago, I've been seeing people visiting my blog because of my post "My new baby =D" I guess they were looking for reviews either for Samsung Galaxy Ace or HTC Wildfire. So, I thought since I've been using my Galaxy Ace for about 2 months already, why not give some feedbacks about it for the future Ace-owner wannabe :p


Well, one thing for sure, it's surprisingly good as an android phone for such a reasonable price. I rmb juggling between Galaxy S or Ace, higher specs or moderate, bigger screen or just-nice-for-a-handy screen, etc etc. But in the end I decided on Ace and never regretted it. For me, Ace is more than enough.

Camera is a must when I'm looking for a phone. This one has a 5MP lens and it does takes quite good quality photos though occasionally it doesn't look good at low light. Which camera doesn't? Let's not compare it to a DSLR. Plus, there is flash on Ace yet surprisingly doesn't has one on Galaxy S. So, I'm quite satisfied with the camera itself. On the other hand, like other reviews mentioned, the quality of the video recording is quite bad. I think I hardly or never use that function at all so far. lol I'm not a recording person so it doesn't really concern me.

Next will be the applications and interface. It uses Android 2.2 OS same as other Galaxy series. It works just like other androids and you can download thousands of apps from the android market. This is definitely a plus point if you thought of buying an Iphone. There are so many free apps to be downloaded so why pay more? :p

Most of the time when I took out my phone, people mistaken it with Iphone which come to think of it, it does look similar a little bit when give it a glimpse. I like it too because it's light and not too huge a phone, just nice to hold it in your hand. The 3.5 inch screen is good enough for me too though it will be better to have bigger screens for games but it is still alright. In fact, it has the same width as Iphone4.

Ace has this cool messaging feature called Swype. Yes, as the name says swype. You just have to swype through the alphabets you want to type and a list of suggested word will pop up. After using ur own self defined word it will trace it and the next time you type it again it will den choose that word. It can be difficult at first but once you get used to it, typing messages are a swift. haha I absolutely love this feature.

Samsung galaxy ace Samsung galaxy ace

Another feature is the speaker. Reviews mentioned the quality of sound is decent. But I think it produced great musics from the speaker. I used to play it loud and it just sounds like a radio. Only thing the speaker is on the back of the phone so you'll need to flip it over for loud projection.

I'm not sure if this is just me but sometimes I felt the touchscreen isn't sensitive enough especially when I'm playing games. And battery runs out pretty fast if play/navigate continuously. Otherwise it can last me 2 to 3 days with normal usage. Another disadvantage is that it does not have a side button for camera usage. So, whenever you want to take photos by yourself you will need to touch the screen using your sixth sense. lol you just need to get used to it.

Other than that, everything is good and I'm still loving my baby from the first day :p So if you're thinking of buying Ace, I really do recommend it and please do buy an original version as I heard there were many cases of broken/malfunction AP sets.




8 comments:

SengYee said...

Do u experience auto shut down..??
@@

Mellissa Lee said...

erm it did auto shut down once but after that no more. I think it's something that i downloaded that cause it to shut down. It could be virus or something else I'm not sure. haha

my sis's friend has this problem over and over again even though requested new set from Samsung center many times. so, i really not sure.

are you using it too?

SengYee said...

OMG..so u mean the new set also having same auto shut down problem as well..?? Aiks...ya..i bought it almost the same time as you blogged on it...XD

Faced the problem again and again..i got to take out the battery and restart it again..

Piss me off..!!

Mellissa Lee said...

wahh again and again?? what did you do? haha then you better go change a new set lor.. mine no problem till now la.. just tht once only. I'm still happily using it :D

How much you bought it? should be cheaper now right?

SengYee said...

haha..just sent it back for repair..I am not sure whether there is something to do with the apps that i had downloaded previously..
err..around 900...

Celine said...

How bad is the video recording? Is it very blur?

Mellissa Lee said...

it isn't really that bad. at least you could still see the recording and to me it's ok. Of course, it is not as good as compared to using a camera.

Jam said...

Does it lag a lot when you have a lot of Apps? :)