My Page

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bad condition

Last Friday, it was another usual day. Go to work till 1pm then, head to town to get eis (ice-cream) I love Fridays: it just mean I get to work lesser hours and get myself a treat on ice-cream after a hard long week and start my weekends :)

But last weekends were not that good for me although I enjoyed on the first night at the Octoberfest. It was awesome with all the fun rides in this small town called Wels and the beer festival they put up just like in Munich. I don't fancy big hectic towns with traffics everywhere but Wels is just the perfect size for a peaceful living town to be in. So to have such a festival here I'm surprised :) They even have fireworks the next day.



Anyway, after that night, I got quite a bad sore throat. The next morning I woke up, it was soring so badly that I don't feel like talking. So, at first, I thought it was just a sore throat. Then, I went to the supermarket to get some sweets/lozenges/ bonbons(candies in german). For the second time, when I'm trying to look for a particular thing, I kinda forgot i need to look out for German words before I buy and I thought I could guess it a little bit. But then, there are so many types of sweets packets on the shelves. I just stood there staring thinking should I just forget it. lol But in the end due to the pain, I just need to buy it so I go through row by row and finally decided to choose the packets with many herbs pictures on it. lol it just shows that it's some kind of medicinal sweets. So yeah.. just buy it.



It says kräftige halsbonbons mit Vitamin C (Strong throat candy with vitamin c) =b

Oh well, it didn't get any better the next day. Instead, my mouth started to sore. Red spots are all over my mouth =.= yikes, it sores so badly I could hardly eat =( And of all the times, I have to suffer the sore while doing my progress report. damn. For that 2 days, I've been staying in the room like some nerds, staying in front of the laptop for the whole day just to finish the report. Also, I just don't feel like getting out of the room to meet ppl cos it just hurts talking to ppl. That's how bad it is. I can't even smile. It's like I have force a fake smile to each ppl i meet =.=

Yesterday, the sore doesn't get any better and today I went to see the doctor the second time in this month. First, was to get some cream and gastric pills. Now, to cure my mouth soreness. They must be thinking what a weaklings I am. lol Thank God for medical card I only pay for medicines at half price. Consultations are free. The doctor said the soreness was due to some virus from the environment or people. I began to think if it was because I greet too many people on the mouth/cheek. hmm. But luckily it was not that serious.



Medicines from the doctor: Xylocain-viscos for mouth and that Pantozol for gastrics.

I have to gargle one spoon of the Xylocain-viscos oral and spit it out. That med just look like a bottle of glue you can get at the store. lol Seriously, I hated the taste so much. It almost get me vomited due to its medicinal taste. yikes. Few seconds later, my mouth is numb. I learned that it is actually used as anesthetic for dental purpose. It is just to relieve my pain. The doctor said I can only wait for it to be gone by itself. How sad when I hear that. I really hope it will be gone soon. I want to eat like normal and talk as usual. >.<

On the other hand, you know when you get sick or heaty like this, the chinese will always opt for herbal tea (liang sui). So, I got myself some Lo Han Kuo on the way back from work. Hopefully all this just help speed up the recovery >.<



Generally, most of the herbal stuff are green. So, you can just guess it. haha


Sigh. It's just too terrible to be sick when you're away from home =/

2 comments:

SengYee said...

Take good care of urself mel..!!
:D

Mellissa Lee said...

yeah will do..thanks :)