My Page

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greetings from Austria :)

Ahh.. First post in Austria :) I know this has been late till I dunno where to start. haha Seriously there's like so many stories to tell from the first day I stepped into Austria ahah but I could only summarized a little bit. I'm so loving the life here and I guess that's what everyone will say once they got to Europe. haha My first day to Europe has been quite a long journey due to the transit flight that we missed and the drama in the plane to Amsterdam with a guy on stroke for 2 hours during the flight and etc.. Well, but am glad I reached Austria for real.


First week in Wels had been great too with all the new friends I met here. Getting along pretty well cos they're all so warm and welcoming. Had a good volleyball game with them although I kinda suck at it.. haha The place I stay is quite cool and cosy with meals provided and cleaner cleaning my room. It's almost like living in a hotel. haha But am planning to shift out soon to a cheaper renting room just to save up some money for travel :)) The international networking here is good and they have this buddy system that makes sure you settle down pretty well when you arrived and that's how I got to join many of their outings and activities :)


First week at workplace has nothing much, just introduction to the research project and my colleague. I'm glad my supervisor is friendly and kind enough to guide me from the beginning till the end. He studies in Salzburg (an hour away from here) and comes every now and then to Wels to check on his intern which includes me and another guy. He always come with a smile asking me how is it and what have you been doing and stuff. And when I said I not quite sure about something, he'll explain from A-Z just to make me understand. haha


The environment here is not bad, it looks modern almost similar to UTP just that it is located in town. I absolutely love the event going on here in this uni. Every now and then, they will send an email updating us on some events going on. Pretty cool actually cos that's where I met a lot of new friends :)


First week was my first trip to Graz and Vienna xD Graz to visit some others who flew together with me and the seniors staying over there. Vienna to go for their amusement park where they have high ends extreme roller coaster and not to forget their awesome go kart. Everything there is about extremity unlike Genting in Msia =p Love it!!


Second week was my first trip out of Austria, to Prague (Czech) and Budapest (Hungary). I rmb how I was so excited talking about Prague with Chang yi back in Malaysia hahah and finally I stepped into Prague for real. It's amazingly pretty of course. I couldn't deny the beauty of Prague. Not to mention I got cheated on the road by some stupid money exchanger and got "scolded" by the ice cream man who hates us for taking so long to choose the ice cream and to change from cup to cone. Other than the people there, everything was good. Budapest on the other hand were great too. There were many places to stop by but honestly not as pretty as Prague but it was interesting as there is this underground cave where we get to explore with oil lamps and the antique market that sells all sorts of antiques which I love.
Prague is such a lovely place :)

Budapest has its beauty too ;)

So, that was it. On the third week, I had an International Alumni dinner in my uni itself. It's an annual gathering for the Alumni club i think where students/employees of the uni fly back to meet. There were varieties of food from different country and I especially love the spare rib because it was cook so perfectly that you just slice it over and it cuts open. :)

The next day which was Saturday, we had an outing to Bad Durnberg (somewhere near Salzburg) I was way excited to go for their summer sliding from the top of the hilll but it was raining and the rail was wet so it was close. damn. We had lunch on top of the hill and it was pretty cold up there. Love the scenery from above. We went up with chair lift and hike all the way down after lunch. It was quite a long way down. Then, we went to Salzwelten (Salt Mine) it was cool. We get to see how salt are mined, the history through the movies, and felt the temperature in the mine which was 10 degree all year through. We get to human slide.. haha



Oh well, I guess I'll have to stop for now. More stories to come maybe.. haha =p

No comments: