My Page

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Österreich all over again :D

I wanted to blog about what happened to me the last time when I travel alone to Prague and back from Budapest because it was quite happening n i thought I should jot that down somewhere since it's my first Europe travel experience but I shall keep that for the next one. haha too long a sentence?! =P

Every week there will be some plans going on during the weekends and I'm loving it cos I won't be staying in the room all alone. Last Saturday, I went shopping in the shopping center for the first time here in Wels with some of my friends here. It was consider big here but erm I think there are bigger ones in Malaysia =b I think the Jusco Bukit Tinggi in Klang is much bigger too. haha We had lunch and then shop around the mall. It is Summer Sales now. So, every shop is having sales like up to 70% and definitely will be tempted to buy something especially girls. haha So much so I want to shop a lot but my damn salary is not in yet and I have to pay my rent.

SCW = Shopping City Wels

Anyway, after shopping, I planned to attend a church in the evening at Linz which is around 15 mins by train and from there another 10mins by tram to that place. Me having still the Malaysian culture, just walk to the train station thinking of buying the ticket n board the train. that's it. But while I was walking I just rmbed I have to check on the train timetable for the schedule beforehand and I just crossfingers i'll make it.. and so... yes I missed the train by few mins and the next one is an hour later.

I have no idea why I bought the ticket before looking at the schedule at the train station. And when I found out it's too late I have to make a decision. To just go back and forget about church, maybe the next week try again OR just take a taxi to Linz. I don't know why I just walked over to the taxi and ask for the price and give him the address etc. And now this is the problem being a foreigner in a country speaking foreign language. Being such a newbie, I only know a few words and understand a little bit. So, I thought it was 18 euro when it was 80euro. And I bargained! lol I don't know if it was allowed in Europe but u no Malaysian loves to bargain =b and then I paid 70 euro for it. I felt cheated but I just try to take it as a lesson.

Linz City

So, there I was in front of the church, it's actually Grace International Fellowship Church. I was actually glad that I attended the service. I met quite a lot of people from different countries; Ghana, Scotland, US, and of course Austrian and etc. I met this one guy who actually fly frequently to Malaysia for some business. In fact, he has a company in Shah Alam itself and he knew about Klang. woot!! Like finally a person who knows about Malaysia!! haha He knows about Petronas and usually he stays in Kuala Lumpur. The best part was he even offer me if I want anything delivered all the way from Malaysia! The service was kind of similar to the church that I attended and they sang familiar songs. The preaching is in English interpreted into German which was cool cos the main language used is English :) Many of them don't really care to learn German even though they've been here for like 2 years+ haha Ohh and I really enjoy the European's cake and dessert. They bake lovely and delicious "sweets" they call it. =) I'll be back to this church for sure.


That was my first time been to Linz and I really love it there. The city looks just nice not too hectic and not too overly quiet and everything is like complete. Not that I don't like it here but there is a different feeling when I was in Linz :) And I don't know why I have this jinx, trams/trains always broke down when I board one be it out of Austria or within Austria itself. I was sitting this tram on the way back and the tram broke down =.= everyone got down and that's why I got to walk along the street and admire the city for a while. Is it consider good that it always broke down? I really don't know. lol

Anyway, the next day, on Sunday, I went to Bad Durrnberg and Hallein for the second time in two weeks!! haha This time I got to sit their summer slides (sommerrodelbahn) and seriously it was awesome!! The view while you're sliding from the top of the mountain to the bottom is priceless! I am so glad this time I made it there with good weather and it's not closed haha

Sommerrodelbahn (Summer slides) xD

The beauty here is way beyond speechless :D

2 comments:

yenpinng said...

looks like a great church there, happy for you! :D

and, 70 euros is A LOT young lady >.< taxi is really really the last option unless u're really rich haha...lesson lesson..trust me i did loads of stupiak things too :P

and huhu i miss beautiful Europe too T.T

Mellissa Lee said...

yeah i know.. it was indeed a pricey lesson. >.< but yeah learned a lot of things now.

You should come back for vacation someday :)